Chessmaster®: The Art of Learning
Chessmaster®: The Art of Learning expands the scope of chess to include broader principles of learning. Josh Waitzkin's much-anticipated book The Art of Learning (Free Press) is designed to pave the road to successful long-term growth on and off the chessboard. The eight-time National Chess Champion and two-time martial arts World Champion puts users in his shoes in some of the most riveting and formative moments of his chess career, including the legendary climactic game from the book and film Searching for Bobby Fischer. Waitzkin then turns to the classics, introducing beginners to brilliant games from some of the most important players in the history of chess. In his most revealing commentary ever, Waitzkin not only teaches the beginning chess player the fundamentals of the game, but also humanizes the road to mastery. Never has chess been so exciting.
- Four player profiles are supported, each profile stores mini-game progress, program ratings, Elo rating, and more.
- Extensive course on the basics of chess taught by International Chess Master Josh Waitzkin.
- Tutorials from Josh Waitzkin's groundbreaking book The Art of Learning.
- Coverage of all classic and modern opening variations.
- Training mode: Play one of many predefined opponents and analyze your game.
- Ranked Play: Test your skills against a variety of opponents and establish your rating.
- Set up a position to solve chess problems or reproduce famous positions.
MINI-GAMES / PUZZLES
- Play one-on-one with a friend using Nintendo DS wireless play.
- Master one of five new chess variants with friends, including Progressive Chess, Dark Chess, Extinction Chess, Losing Chess, and Los Alamos Chess.
- Ubisoft Entertainment, Inc.
- Ubisoft Sofia Studio
- Ship Date:
- October 23, 2007
- Board Game/Strategy Game
- E (Everyone)